Frequently Asked Questions
To make your travel experience as seamless as possible, we’ve compiled some of our most frequently asked questions for your convenience.
Do I need to book BC Bus North in advance?
- We recommend you reserve in advance to ensure you will have a seat. You may show up at a stop and pay the bus driver directly (debit or credit card only. Cash is not accepted) but if there is no seat available, you will not be able to travel.
How do I make a reservation in advance?
- Online Bookings: The cutoff for purchasing tickets online is 24 hours prior to departure.
- Phone Bookings: Passengers booking over the phone must book at least 3 hours prior to departure. Phone bookings can be made daily between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm at 1-844-564-7494.
What information do I need to make a reservation?
- We will need your full name, email address, time and date of the desired trip, and your credit card information.
Do I need identification to travel with BC Bus North?
- Yes, you need a government-issued photo ID. If you do not have one, you will not be permitted to travel.
How far in advance do I need to arrive at my departure location?
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your departure time. Please note that if you are late, the bus will not wait and you will not be refunded your fare.
How do I change or cancel my reservation?
- Changes and cancellations can be made by phone only. You must give at least 24 hours’ notice to receive a refund.
Can I pay cash for a ticket?
- No. BC Bus North is a fully cashless operation and will only accept debit or credit cards for payment.
Do I need a printed ticket?
- No, an advance booking sends a confirmation by email. This means you can show your confirmation from your phone.
- If you have booked in advance, and do not have a confirmation email, the driver will check your ID and match it to your name on their checklist. We are not handing out tickets if you do not have your confirmation email due to COVID-19.
How much luggage am I allowed to bring with me?
- Passengers can bring one carry-on and up to two pieces of checked luggage:
- Must be equivalent in size to an airline carry-on: no bigger than 51 cm x 23 cm x 40 cm (20″ long x 9″ wide x 16″ high).
- Carry-ons must be safely stowed either in the overhead compartment or under a seat.
- Each piece can’t larger than 61 cm x 114 cm x 61 cm (24″ long x 45″ wide x 24″ high)
- Each piece must weigh under 23 kg (50 lb)
- Please tag your checked luggage with your name and contact information.
- No household moving or explosives are permitted.
Are children allowed to travel on BC Bus North?
- Absolutely, Children under 17 are permitted to travel with a guardian 18 years of age or above.
- Children under the age of 5 years old ride for free with a guardian on BC Bus North.
Can I be denied boarding for any reason?
- BC Bus North reserves the right to deny boarding to passengers. For example, in compliance with our zero-tolerance for drugs and alcohol policy, persons deemed intoxicated will be denied boarding.
Are the buses wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, please note that wheelchair reservations must be made by phone at 1-844-564-7494 at least 72 hours in advance.
What are you doing about COVID-19?
- We’ve introduced new safety and cleaning measures for the health and well-being of our passengers, as well as the communities. In fact, you can read more about what we’ve done in response to COVID here.