Our Response to COVID-19
Diversified Transportation Ltd. proudly operates BC Bus North, and we’d like to share what we’re doing to ensure our staff and passengers continue to get Safely Home. Please see below for an important message from our Vice President and Director of Safety, Motorcoach.
Dear Valued Customer:
At BC Bus North, as with any Health & Safety concern, we are taking active measures to reduce the risk of 2019 novel coronavirus exposure.
Since the recognition of the health threat by the World Health Organization, our Director of Safety has actively monitored multiple official information sources. In collaboration, our executive and management teams are proactively engaged to ensure we are predictively and expeditiously mitigating. For example:
- additional disinfecting cleaning to our regular, daily cleaning program of facilities and motorcoaches;
- introduced commercial-grade, sterilization foggers to the overnight cleaning process of the motorcoaches;
- integration commercial-grade, air purifiers to all ticket offices, with overnight deep sterilization;
- provisioning motorcoach operators and ticket office staff with gloves, disinfectant spray, and disposable towels for cleaning of touchpoint surfaces;
- directing motorcoach operators to maximize fresh air to passenger cabin (recirculation function not to be selected);
- companywide awareness program of evergreen communiqués & posters.
Throughout this event, we will continue to exercise our 10 Core Values of Safety, Customer Service, Resourcefulness, Integrity, Positive Attitude, Team Work, Loyalty, Accountability, Respect, and Dedication. As stated by the World Health Organization (WHO),
“Every person has the capacity to contribute, to protect themselves, to protect others, whether in the home, the community, the healthcare system, the workplace or the transport system.”
Therefore, if you are exhibiting symptoms as published by the Government of Canada Public Health Services, please do not travel with us. In such a circumstance, you will receive a travel credit for future use. You may also exercise our regular cancellation policy. Additionally, we recommend you phone Health Link 811.
Thank you for joining us in these efforts, and we look forward to continuing to get you and your loved ones Safely Home.
Dan Finley, VP Motorcoach
BC Bus North Social Distancing
Face Masks are Recommended:
For the safety and well-being of our passengers and employees, we recommend all passengers wear face masks over their mouth and nose at all times; this includes check-in, during the boarding process, during the trip, and while disembarking on all BC Bus North routes.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources:
BC Centre for Disease Control: Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) information
Government of Canada: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Outbreak update
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
World Health Organization: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak
Click here for more information on our special cancellation policy due to Coronavirus concerns