Before booking a trip with BC BUS North, please read through this important passenger information. Outlined below are our policies necessary requirements to ride with us.
- Online Bookings: The cutoff for purchasing tickets online is 24 hours prior to departure.
- Phone Bookings: Passengers booking over the phone must book at least 3 hours prior to departure. Phone bookings can be made daily between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm at 1-844-564-7494.
- Walk-up Tickets: We recommend booking in advance, however, passengers may show up at a stop and pay the driver (debit or credit card only) based on availability. Cash is not accepted.
Arrive at the bus stop on time
- Arrive at the designated pick-up location 15-20 minutes prior to departure. Buses operate on a schedule and cannot wait for late passengers. Consequently, missing bus results in rescheduling and paying for a new reservation.
- Please cancel your ticket a minimum of 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund.
- In the event that BC Bus North cancels your trip, reservations are refunded.
Please note we have a special cancellation policy due to COVID-19 concerns. With this in mind, if you cancel within the 24-hour notice period, we’ll approve it and offer a future travel credit.
- This independent service has no connections or transfers to other bus services.
- Purchase tickets by phone or online. In particular, for debit payments please contact the call center. Additionally, at this time, there are no retail outlets, offices or physical addresses to purchase tickets from.
- Customers under the age of 18 are accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or adult companion with written permission. For more information, please contact the call center at 1-844-564-7494.
Pets on Board
- Assistance animals certified under the Guide Dog and Service Dog Act can board BC Bus North at all times. To travel with your assistance animal, please call to make your reservation and let the agent know that you’re travelling together. Please travel with your Guide Animal Certificate accordingly. No other pets are permitted onboard.
Food and Beverages
- To keep buses clean and safe, any food or drink brought on board must be in a closed container that is spill-proof. Onboard you can consume coffee and other beverages. For example, carry the beverage in a sturdy container, and a lid that prevents spilling. Transporting alcohol must be stored in the lower luggage compartment and appropriately packaged. For this reason, drinking alcohol on the bus is not allowed.
- For accessible service, we are now offering wheelchair accommodations. Please note that wheelchair reservations must be made by phone at 1-844-564-7494 at least 72 hours in advance.
- For additional accessibility needs, please contact Northern Health Connections or contact the call centre for more information on accessible transportation.
- Strollers must be collapsible and storable in the lower luggage compartment.
- Bicycles checked into baggage must be bagged or boxed. Moreover, no other bicycles are permitted.
Government of BC Bus Pass Program
- The annual BC Bus Pass Program, offered by the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction, is not a valid travel fare for BC Bus North routes.
Flagging the Bus
- Reservations are required for travel on BC Bus North. Unfortunately, flagging the bus is not permitted.
- To keep you safe, please remain seated during transit.
Delays and Detours
- For updates on delays and detours, please contact the call center. Providing your cell number when booking helps us to notify you of any delays or detours as soon as we’re able.
- Provincial tobacco laws (The Tobacco Control Act) prohibit smoking on buses at all times and within 6 metres (20 feet) of the bus. Similarly, electronic cigarettes are not permitted on our buses.
- Passengers can bring one carry-on and up to two pieces of checked luggage.
Must be equivalent in size to an airline carry-on: no bigger than 51 cm x 23 cm x 40 cm (20” long x 9” wide x 16” high).
Must be able to be safely stowed either in the overhead compartment or under a seat.
Dimensions: Each piece must be no bigger than 61 cm x 114 cm x 61 cm (24” long x 45” wide x 24” high)
Weight: Each piece must not weigh more than 23 kg. (50 lb.)
Please tag your luggage with your name and contact information.
*BC Bus North is not a service for overall household moving*
- All buses are equipped with washroom facilities.